Here in North Carolina, replacing windows and doors has an average return on investment of anywhere between 52% and 61%. This high-value project can instantly increase your home’s energy efficiency and boost its curb appeal, which makes it a popular choice with our customers.
To help you better prepare for your window and door replacement project, we’ve put together a homeowner’s checklist of things to do before, during, and after installation to help you get the most out of your project. As a bonus, be sure to read to the end to see an example of a recent window replacement project we completed to see the kind of transformation we can do for your home too!
What to Do Before Your Project
- Confirm details with your contractor. The days leading up to your project are a good time to reach out to the Carolina Exteriors Plus team to ask any lingering questions you have about what to expect. We can fill you in on things like the estimated time of completion and how many electrical outlets we’ll need to access.
- Work out home logistics. If you live in a gated or secure community, don’t forget to give them a heads up that our crew will be coming to the neighborhood. If you have alarm sensors installed on your doors or windows, remove them or call your home security provider so they can disable them before we come.
- Work out family logistics. If you have small children or pets, it helps to plan in advance whether you want them to stay at home during the installation or to go somewhere else when our crew is working on your home.
- Ensure easy access for the installation crew. To make it easier for our crew to get in and get out, remove all curtains and blinds around the windows that will be replaced. You might also want to move furniture, rugs, plants, etc. to make it easier for our crew to move around your home.
What to Do During Your Project
- Remain available, if possible. When our team is working on your home, they’ll do everything in their power to cause minimal disruptions to your day. However, on occasion, they may need to ask you questions. If you won’t be available in your home during the project, please leave a contact number so the crew can reach you if needed.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up. Our primary goal is to serve you in the best way possible. If you notice an issue or you have a question during the project, don’t hesitate to talk to our team.
What to Do After Your Project
- Look over the work. Before our crew leaves, we encourage you to inspect your new doors and windows to make sure everything looks good. If you notice any issues, let us know immediately so we can make it right.
- Reinstall security sensors. If you removed or deactivated any security sensors on your doors and windows, don’t forget to get them back up and running.
- Let us know how we did. Once your project is finished, we’d love to get your feedback on how it went! Take a few moments to leave us a review or refer our team to your friends and family. If there’s any room for improvement, we’d love to hear that too. After all, our top priority is always customer satisfaction.
See Our Work in Action
The Brenners hired our team to replace their 25-year old windows with Provia “Aspect” DH vinyl windows, which provide the assurance of lower energy costs and better home comfort all year round. As you can see in some of the before photos, the original windows had broken seals which made the windows appear foggy. We also uncovered and repaired some wood rot when we removed the old windows.
All of our windows are independently tested to meet strict energy standards and are ENERGY STAR® certified. Additionally, Provia replacement windows come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Experts at Replacing Doors and Windows
Now that you know how to prepare for a window and door replacement project, it’s time to get your project on the books! Contact our team today to learn more about the experience we have replacing doors and windows and to schedule a free consultation.